August 20, 2011

Misikko / HANA Titanium Flat Iron Review


When it comes to hair care, I have always been frugal.  Believe it or not, my hubby ♥ is the hair diva in this household.  Inexpensive gel is not allowed anywhere near his pretty, dirty blonde 'do.  I once tried to convince him to try L. A. Looks products, and he went Luan Legacy on a *bleep*.  (My DH also possesses a shoe and clothing collection grander than my own.  Maybe he should be the one blogging.  Ha ha ha!  I love my crazy guy!)  I, on the other hand, will use whatever is on sale at the drug store.

Most of the time, I am content using low end products and tools.  However, being thrifty is not without its occasional pitfalls.  Years ago, I spotted a flat iron on clearance.  It was only $5.00.  Not surprisingly, it didn't perform.  The plates emitted very little heat.  I later invested in a $20.00 flat iron, only to be disappointed once again.  You should be able to fry an egg on your heat styling tools, dagnabit!  I don't enjoy salmonella -- or frizzy hair.

A couple months ago, the folks at Misikko kindly sent me the HANA 1.5 Inch Titanium Flat Iron for consideration.  As many of you already know, Misikko is an online retailer that offers a variety of hair care items: hair straighteners, Chi Irons, authentic HANA products, etc.  I have worked with Misikko in the past, and have yet to be disappointed by their products or service!

TITANIUM FLAT IRON SPECS:


PROS:
  • I am one of those "I-Abused-The-Snooze-Button-and-Now-I-Am-Late" girls.  Styling tools that heat up immediately are a must, and this iron does just that.
  • Leaves my hair incredibly glossy, smooth, and stick straight.
  • You don't need to glide the iron over the same strands of hair repeatedly to achieve maximum results.
  • The heat proof silicone mat allows you to safely rest your iron on your counter.
  • The extra long swivel cord allows you to move around with ease.
  • Quick shipping, excellent packaging.
  • Extra goodies are included with every order: make-up, salon styling products, nail files, hand sanitizer, stuffed animals, scented faux rosebuds, etc.  Items and quantities may vary.
CONS:
  • The long cord can be a bit of a hassle to store.
  • The price.  This bad boy retails for $239.99.  However, it is currently on sale for $174.99 on Misikko's website.  Shipping is free!
  • Our fur baby ♥ loves to eat rubber.  The heat proof silicone mat has his name written all over it.  I'm praying he doesn't figure out how to open up our bathroom drawers.  ;)
[Yes, our fur kid has a mustache.  It makes him look distinguished.]

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Think of me as Jerry Springer on kimchi.


If you have the funds, and straighten/curl your hair frequently, this flat iron is worth the investment.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, everyone!

xoxo,

Kate Gene

My Jewelry Store: EightSeventeen Jewelry
Ask Me Questions Anonymously: http://www.formspring.me/KateGene

Disclaimer:  The product was sent to me by Misikko to review, free of charge. I am not affiliated with the organization, nor am I being paid to endorse their products. My views are not influenced by anything other than my personal experience. Please use these products at your own discretion.
HANA Titanium Flat Iron features information courtesy of Misikko.com.

2 comments:

Dye-A-Graham said...

Awwww no pix! I so wanted to see your lovely silky locks as I am obsessed about getting my own hair pin straight..hahaha..maybe next time :) Thanks for the review!

Kate Gene said...

Dye-A-Graham - I'm horrible about posting pictures of myself, aren't I? LOL! I thought about taking a picture from the back, but I need to dye my hair first. XD How have you been?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails